Golden Gate Club at the Presidio – San Francisco, CA
Located in the Presidio National Park, the Golden Gate Club was orginally built in 1949 as the United States Army’s Non-Commissioned Officers’ Club. As with many of the buildings in the Presidio, this is a historic building designed in the Spanish Mission style with cement plaster walls and clay tile roof.
Preserving the historic features of the existing building while adding a penthouse, new elevator and integrating life safety systems and accessibility requirements was a key challenge of this project. The main ballroom and two conference rooms on the main floor have an exposed wood ceiling with wooden trusses and full-height steel sash windows. A kitchen area for catering services was also provided. On the mezzanine floor are three conference rooms and a balcony area that overlooks the main ballroom. The basement, which housed a bowling alley, was converted into three meeting rooms with a pre-function lobby space.
View Project Credits